question-icon

Should I concerned about itchy red rashes and bumps on the chest, arms and back?

Posted on 2 days ago
Question: Girl Friend had red rash and bumps on chest, arms and back after she went in the pool the other day it developed and is very itchy and sore.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Photo dermatitis, potent topical steroid, antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It is looking like photo dermatitis.
If I was her treating doctor I would recommend her to apply potent topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Potent topical steroids are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Also avoid direct sun exposure.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist