Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Should I apply any ointment for dry skin and small wound inside my nose caused due to cold weather?

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
because of cold weather I have dry skin inside my nose and there seems to be a small wound. I have no problem but if I press my nose it pains. should I apply any ointment.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Neosporin eye ointment local application in nose Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You seems to have a furuncle in nasal vestibule or diffuse inflammation (nasal vestibulitis). Please use Neosporin or any other antibiotic ointment gently inside the nostril. Using an eye ointment tube will be easy as applying from a smaller tube is easy. Gentle application is necessary and under no circumstances, a furuncle in this part of face should be pressed. Also use an analgesic orally as it is mostly painful. In case, a bigger area is involved, use oral antibiotics also in consultation with an ENT. If headache is there, definitely see an ENT. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor