Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Severe pain in right groin and intermittent bladder infection. Damaged right hip and walking with a frame. Suggest the cure?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9619 Questions
For 10 weeks I have had a severe pain in my right groin - I have an on/off bladder infection. My Dr keeps telling me
it is referred from my damaged (osteo arthritis)right hip - but my hip pain is different to my groin pain. Always active, I now walk with a walking frame. Thank you. XXXXXXX XXXX
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to bladder infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have chronic UTI due to age related Post Menopausal Urethral Stenosis.

In post menopausal age al the genito urinary organs undergo changes of atrophy due to hormonal changes.

This leads to atrophy Narrowing of Urethral passage (Urethra) which results in to incomplete emptying of the bladder every time when you pass urine and some amount of urine remains in bladder.This stagnated urine is the source of chronic infection giving rise to these symptoms.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and get following tests under his guidance.
1) Routine urine test and Urine culture to find out organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the urinary system.
3) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy) and Urethral calibration where Urologist will dilate your urethra so that bladder is empted completely every time you pass urine, this will help to prevent infection and pain .This is has to be followed by Clean Self Intermittent Catheterisation at home for 3-6 months

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor