Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Self-pierced penis, trace bleeding, no erection. Should I be concerned or should I take out the barbell?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I self pierced my penis (apadravya). It is centered and goes through the urethra. It has only been a few days but my penis won't get hard. There is no bleeding except a little trace. From what I have read I don't think I pierced the Corpus Cavernosum. Should I be concerned or should I take out the barbell?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

I am concerned enough about your question that I recommend you visit with a primary care physician or more importantly a Urologist who can perform a focused physical examination and consultation for you. The reason why I recommend this is because there are several bundles of nervous tissue as well as vascular tissue in the area of the penis what you are describing which could be compromised in the setting of a piercing.

More than likely what is going on is local inflammation. This inflammation creates a situation where it may be difficult for and direction to form. This will usually resolve within a couple of weeks.

I am fairly confident that your situation will improve like I mentioned but I still think you need to visit with a primary care physician. I hope that you understand the reason why I am recommending this. The investment of your time and expense to have this investigated professionally is certainly worthwhile in my opinion.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor