Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Runny nose after eating. Used otrivin for breathing problem. Found high eosinophills count. Any solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
Recently I was in England and developed some breathing problem. It seemed to be because of something nasal. The day problem used to increased I used to feel that something has become narrower ( more like something in nose). I used otrivin which helped me for few days but after that it stopped working. Also the breathing trouble becomes more after food. Usually my nose is very running after food ( chilly food makes it more). In England I was not having runny nose after food. In recent CBC the Eosinophills count was found to be about 9 ( Higher than normal range). ECG and Chest Xray was mostly normal and no clotting was found by blood tests? So what exactly is happening ?? Thanks -XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Sugar level above 200 mg – irrespective of the time – is DEFINITE DIABETES MELLITUS. (NOT Glucose Intolerance, as mentioned)
Your levels are uncontrolled. You need to be on medicines – start with Metformin.
You should be following up with a specialist in Diabetes / Endocrinology.

A normal chest X-ray and ECG are re-assuring.
You need an X-ray of the para-nasal sinuses! – probably a CT scan.
Clinical examination and Spirometry may detect bronchial asthma...
Eosinophils are markers of allergy – a battery of blood tests is available to find many common causes of allergy.

In the mean time, anti-histamines like levo-cetrizine and/or leukotriene receptor antagonists like Montelukast may help. You need to follow up with ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor