Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Redness in erect penis, applied Candida cream and took AF-150 tablets, negative for HIV and HSV1 and 2. Is it STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
around a year back I made a relationship with unknown partner (not done intercourse but oral vaginal sex). after one month, i was gone for HIV test from a good lab but it was negative.ok no problem.after around 04 months, I felt redness (only in erect position) on my penis gland area at lower rim part. initially i ignored but i feel there is remarkable redness on the rim part of gland than the rest part of gland. i used AF -150 Tablets and candid cream as prescribed by a skin specialist. but i got no improvement but in the meanwhile i got some ulcers like in the middle portion of penis. then doctor prescribed me acivir cream and test for HSV 1 & 2, the test result was negative.i did'nt use acivir cream. now the problem is rest with me, same redness at lower part of gland and small ulcers at middle part of the penis. now a days i m using lutica lotion but no improvement. i m very much worried abt it .is it STD or what ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I read your history and went through your reports.

The lesion on your penile landular area does not appear to be an STD. It appears to be a fungal infection to look at. Hence I request you to apply any antifungal ointment creams available over the counter in India ( eg. Candiderm or any othe brand). Please follow the advice below:

1) Wash penis thoroughly twice a day.

2) Apply antifungal ointment after washing the penis and drying it.

3) Wear loose undergarments and pants for next 15 days which allows adequate ventilation for the penis.

4) Have healthy diet and drink more water.

I think your penile ulcer wil heal with this.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any more queries you have

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor