Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Rash on the tip of penis. Can I use hydrocortisone in the infected area?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
I've got what I believe to be a friction induced rash on the tip of my penis. My wife has some 2.5% hydrocortisone, can I pally it to the infected area?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No, dont use hydrocortisone Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX 2.5% hydrocortisone is a steroid and should not be applied to infected area and also to the open wound. It is used for conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, or psoriasis. For my patients with friction induced rash I advice to clean with running water, dry with cotton cloth and to apply betadine lotion to prevent any infection. So I advice the same to you. I hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Rash on the tip of penis. Can I use hydrocortisone in the infected area? 7 hours later
If I wanted to visit my doctor for a more thorough review, what type of doctor should I visit? A general practitioner or a dermatologist?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dermatologist Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing back. Dermatologist will be better for thorough review than general practitioner. Wish you faster recovery. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor