Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Pus in the urine and pain while urination after intercourse. History of HIV positive. Medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
dear sir i am hiv patient ( wife also), i am married, two days back i had sex with my wife without day onwards i am getting pain at urine time and pus is coming out in my pennis like small drops...pls tell me suitable medicine for me...
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 7 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms of burning micturition with pus discharge are very much suggestive of Urethritis. This may be because of some infection-Gonnococal/non gonnococal.

You need Microscopic examination of Pus discharge. This will confirm the diagnosis.

A course of antibiotics like Cefixime can cure Gonorrohea. You can get examined by Dermatologist so that proper work up can be done. In view of HIV positive status of you and your wife, (even if she is asymptomatic), both needs treatment.

Hope, your query is answered. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.


Dr Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pus in the urine and pain while urination after intercourse. History of HIV positive. Medication? 11 hours later
dear sir i need medicine present know for relaxation...bcoz i am in out side here my personal doctors are not available that's why i am contact with you....
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 9 hours later

Thanks for your followup query.

I am sorry this forum is not a prescription platform. Since you have a potentially immune deficiency problem it is important to get proper antibiotic after culture.

Even if your doctor is not available you can XXXXXXX alternate physician which your doctor would have appointed in his absence. XXXXXXX him he will be able to guide you better.

Take plenty of water too.

I know I shall not be able to help you completely but this is the limitation without physical examination.

Dr Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor