• question-icon

What was the cause of a different HIV strain to occur?

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: What was the cause of different hiv strain to occur
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Genetic material composition makes difference with different strains.

Detailed Answer:

AIDS can be caused by two different types of virus called as HIV 1 and 2. HIV 1 is more virulent, so it is more common throughout the world. As with human beings have genetic differences, different serotypes like A, B, C, O, n types are present in the world.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. S. Murugan
HIV AIDS Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
What was the exact origins of hiv 1and hiv2 how did they spread so quickly throughout the world
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV could be originated from African green monkeys.

Detailed Answer:

Cases of HIV had been recognized during 1980 onwards. But investigations on the stored samples of blood dated far behind 1980, proved the presence of HIV even prior to 1980. There were so many hypothesis on the origin of HIV.

Mutation of genetics and newer life origin happened since the origin of life in the earth. Such one is origin of HIV. Human T lymphotrophic virus is known to humankind long back 1980s.

Mutation from these viruses is the origin of HIV. One theory most favored about the origin of HIV is, from the African green monkeys (Rhesus). Still Simian immune deficiency virus (SIV) are used for vaccine preparation of HIV. These green monkey 'S blood was used by the African tribals. So the origin of HIV could be from the green monkeys.

Dr. S. Murugan
HIV AIDS Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
How did hiv reach XXXXXXX could beastality play any file in the origin of hiv in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sexual transmission plays main mode of transmission of HIV in India.

Detailed Answer:

First case in India reported during June 1986 at Chennai in a sex worker rescued from Mumbai. Subsequently many cases reported from Tamilnadu and Maharashtra. First case from Mumbai reported from a foreigner but other cases reported mainly among hetro-sexuals contact with sex worker.

Bestiality has no much role in the transmission or spread of HIV. Household tamed animals and pets are not carrier of HIV. In India, sexual transmission of HIV tops the list up to 85%. Presently HIV transmission can occur any part of our country even with sex with a known housewife. In eastern part of India, IV drug abuse plays an important role in transmission of HIV.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. S. Murugan
HIV AIDS Specialist
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist