Prscibe nexito for mild lumber stenosis. What is its work?

Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: i have a problem of mild lumber stenosis ,doctor prscibed me to take nexito 10 mg for two weeks ,doctor , can you please tell me for what we are using nexito?
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 4 hours later

In lumbar stenosis, there is mechanical compression of the nerves which can cause tingling numbness and pain in the legs. Initially medicinal treatment is advised depending upon patient symptoms.

Nexito acts on the brain and it is commonly used to treat anxiety or depression. I use more often pregabalin medicine. It is used for symptomatic treatment and it doesn't reduce the nerve compression.
In short, I would say it is used to calm down irritable nerves.

Let me know if you have more concerns.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E