Premature ejaculation not cured by prescribed medication. Looking for cure

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: Hello, am married for last 2 years and have this problem since day 1. I consulted 3 doctors already who prescribed different medications but none worked out to be successful. I needed assistance to improve and last longer. Kindly assist. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 22 minutes later

Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when ejaculation time is less than 3 Min, or both partners are not satisfied with sex. Let me know ejaculation time in your case.

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:
*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression

*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

Following steps will be helpful for treatment:

-Treatment of above conditions (if present) after examination.

-Start jogging in morning as it reduces stress and performance anxiety.

- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. For that take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

- Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delay ejaculation.

- Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation stop all movements, relax and think about something else. Then wait for 1 minute before starting movements. According to number of stops, ejaculation time will come under your control.

-Squeeze- pause technique: squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

-In many persons woman on top position increases ejaculation time.

- If the symptoms persist then condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as Kohinoor extra time) and tablet like dapoxetine will be helpful, which you can get after prescription from physician.

-You also need to know that ejaculation time also increases with experience in sex.

Follow all these above methods regularly and your problem will solve in few weeks.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 49 minutes later
Thanks for quick response Doctor. In my case, I try to stay focused and engage in foreplay during which am already excited and as soon as I insert my penis within few strokes which lasts for a minute am done and completely exhausted.

I am confident that my partner is not satisfied at all but she never complaints. It is embarassing and I am not satisfied either. I bought a cream and a desensitizing spray which is all temporary solutions. I consumed some unani medicines as well which did not help much. I try not to be tensed or nervous, but the problem is as soon I get touched am hyper-sensitive and in no time ejaculate.

Please assist. Thanks once again.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 10 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

It is good you had followed some of the technique. It is better to keep using them continuosly.

So keep patience and follow rest of the technique as mentioned above regularly like:

- Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique

-Squeeze- pause technique

-Woman on top position

-Condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as Kohinoor extra time)

-Tablet like dapoxetine will be helpful, which you can get after prescription from physician.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.