Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Have a blood blister or cyst on areola. Which specialist should I go for check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I may have a blood blister or cyst on my areola, what kind of doctor do I see for removal. It appearEd during my 7th month of pregnancy, and has gotten bigger since then. It's now 1month into post partum.
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I assume your Obstetrician is aware of this, as it appeared during the 7th month of your pregnancy.

As for now, it is advisable to see a General Surgeon for this, who can treat it conservatively and order relevant investigations.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor