Please opine on possibility of Malignancy , History of irregular

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Please opine on possibility of Malignancy , History of irregular menses and USG shows the hyperplasia
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Malignancy is not present.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen all the attached reports and understand your health concerns.

The endometrial biopsy report is normal and is not suggestive of malignancy. Hyperplasia is reversible as there is no malignancy.

PAP smear report is also normal. The ultrasound scan shows a small functional- physiological cyst in the ovary and CA-125 levels are on a higher side. This is not confirmatory of any malignancy.

The irregular bleeding is due to hormonal disturbance seen in the perimenopausal age group.

She needs a repeat ultrasound scan after 3 months to monitor the ovarian functional cyst. Till then she can start with the hormonal treatment as advised by her gynecologist to control the bleeding.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D