Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Penis feels like shrinking. Shaft feels hard and hurts sporadically. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
My penis is hurting me, it's shrinking down very small and the shaft feels hard to me. It's retracting, it hurts sporadically, a shot of pain in series. Also, frequent urination and what felt like a clear liquid on it when I looked at it. It's very uncomfortable, it's late here, should I wait til the morning to deal with it or go to the emergency room?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wait till the morning Detailed Answer: Hi, The problem that you reported about the penis seems non serious. I think you can wait till the next morning and see the doctor. I am sure a lot of thoughts run throughout the night what it could be and how should you deal with it the next morning. I suggest you to take a warm shower and clean it with soap. The clear liquid could be prostatic or spermatic fluid that occurs in men at this age quite frequently. it is harmless. You can meet the doctor tomorrow morning for an examination.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis feels like shrinking. Shaft feels hard and hurts sporadically. What to do? 10 minutes later
As I said, my penis feels like it's shrinking into me, I definitely could not get an erection. Also my legs are hurting me, and there is definitely a penis drip happenning. Any idea this might be?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be temporary. Detailed Answer: Hi, Penile shrinkage is a common complaint by many people. They often complain about lack of erection and it was sudden in onset. In such a case we would test the blood flow into the penis through penile doppler. Once this is found to be normal in many they are referred for psychological evaluation to screen for anxiety. Most often this is temporary and lacks any organic cause. So I suggest an initial screen by the doctor and refer for color doppler.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor