Peeling penis head after intercourse. Tested negative for STD. Is there any medicine to cure?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: applied dettol on head of penis and on inside after pulling back the foreskin, skin seems to be peeling within and sumtimes after intercourse with a condom, the tip of foreskin seemed to sweal . Is there any medication/cream or advice of what can do ? plz
I had an STD test after irritation was occuring and was all clear. once white scaley irritant happens , it tends to smell. If can help me , i would be very grateful
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
You probably have a thrush or some fungal infection on the burnt mucosa of glans due to use of dettol.
Thrush (yeast) and fungal infections can be caused by certain soaps but sometimes they just happen. These infections can cause excessive smegma  or cracks in the foreskin opening or some swelling.
There is no need to apply dettol on your penis as it can cause local burn.
Always wash your penis head with water.
There is mo need to use soap on your penis as it can XXXXXXX your penis of its natural lubrication.
Try using CANESTAN ointment locally for 5 to 7 days.
If there is no improvement, then you would  need to see a doctor for that. 

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks