Painless purple spot on penis. Had oral sex. Chances of HPV?

Dr. J Kingson John David

Posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have an oval shape purple spot on my penis. The inner part of the spot is the color of my penis. There is no pain, no itch just discolor. I have not had sex for over a year but I did kiss a girl with hpv. I noticed the color 2 months ago. I stopped masterbating for a week and the color seemed to lighten slightly. I am scared to death. Any thoughts?
Answered by Dr. J Kingson John David 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Its just a frictional injury and is recoverable... Detailed Answer: Dear Friend... Thanks for your query to Healthcare Magic.. A oval shaped purple spot in penis that is not causing pain or itching sensation without any discharge is most likely to be a mild trauma that would have occurred due to constant friction / forceful act of masturbation or any other sexual episode. A trauma due to any coarse cloth, zipper of the pant or scratching during the night (in sleep) can also present as a similar picture. A STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) of any kind will have some symptom like pain, itching, discharge etc, There is nothing to be scared to death as colour starts to lighten as normal colour , Sometimes colour can be tured to dark brown and is nothing to be worried off in future. The glans skin is too sensitive to bear even the slightest of trauma and when affected takes long to come back to normal. This doesn’t seem to be anything significant and you can just apply any moisturiser to keep the area soft . Hope this information is helpful. Thanks & Take Care..... Regards Dr.J.Kingson John David.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E