Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Pain during intercourse. Past history of typhoid and high SGPT levels. Advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
I am 39Yrs 173Cms Height and 74.2Kgs weight, Had continuous case of typhoid about 15yrs back. Over the last 15 Yrs no major illness except few viral fevers. While I was in Bangladesh I was wrongly treated for malayria and after coming to India found that it was something to do with my Kidney or Liver as SGPT was high.
MyProblem now: Its related to my private part and I do not know if I should go to a dermatologist or any Gyne or which doctor. While having an intercourse initially there is a lot of pain for me and partner after insertion the pain goes away this is happening for the last 12-14 months. Please advise whome to consult so that I can share more details
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 35 minutes later
Hi Shubhashish,

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) What kind of pain is it? Is it Burning or aching?
2.) Does your partner also feel the same?
3.) Where exactly do you feel the pain?

Your History suggests that both of you are are suffering from Dyspareunia which has to be evaluated, you by a Urologist and your wife by a Gynecologist to rule out the exact cause.

In your partner's case, it could be due to insufficient lubrication, due to insufficient foreplay. This can also happen, due to hormonal imbalance, recent childbirth, after breastfeeding and also certain medications. All these factors have to be ruled out.

In your case, it could be due to Prostatitis, inflammation of the prostate. Speak to your treating physician and also get yourselves evaluated for Hypertension, Diabetes and Hypercholesterolemia. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

In addition to this, follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Soak in a warm bath.
2.) Drink plenty of fluids.
3.) Avoid caffeine, smoking and alcohol.
4.) Practice good Hygiene.
5.) Adequate foreplay of 15 to 20 minutes ensures, proper lubrication of the vagina.
6.) Practice safe sex.
7.) Do not use any jellies while having sex.
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health and All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor