Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

On montek L C. Had breathlessness. Got skin rashes. Was it allergy? How can I get permanent solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2543 Questions
I am 27 year old single female ...I have been on this medicine montek LC 10 mg for last 8-9 months.... the intialy symptoms i got was of breatlesness as in asthaman...but i was feeling that my breath is geeting stuck in my neck in say airpipe...i got treatment for asthman n all intialy but of no good..then after 15 days i got severe skin rashes ...if i rubbed at any place of my bdoy it used to become red and swollen in the area it was i consulted a doctor she said it was allergy even the asthma thing was allergy..she gave me montek LC 10 mg and since then I have been taking this medecine daily, if I dont take this medicine anyday I get breathlessness and feel my airpipe is congested in neck and also i get some rash and itching in skin I wnat to permanently get rid of this problem now..i cant keep taking montek LC all my life..please help with this
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 20 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. In Asthma, there is bronchospasm. This makes exhaling air difficult.

2. The treatment of Asthma requires more than Montek LC. Bronchodilators and steroid nebulizers are also required.

3. Get a chest specialist's opinion. An auscultation, chest X-ray, skin prick tests for allergy and Spirometry ( Pulmonary Function Tests) will be required.

4. Many diseases can mimic Asthma. Allergy cannot be cured, only controlled. Hence these investigations are important. Kindly write back with the reports.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor