On Thursday morning I woke up with a severe cramp
Have any other symptoms other than when I sit down I feel a discomfort in my rectum the radiates up to just above my pubic bone. I am not Fatigued or any other symptoms. I have had the rectal spasms before but never this bad. Thoughts?
proctitis, sigmoid diverticulitis likely possible.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* As there is presence of severe pain with fever, suggests internal inflammation at lower
part of colon most likely involving rectum, anal canal as proctitis, sigmoid diverticulitis
or else ( which can be possible with normal bowel movements ).
My guidelines at present
- Primary relief with analgesic as paracetamol or prescription of dicyclomine from your
- Avoid hard stools by consuming plenty of liquids and high fiber diet.
- Avoid consumption of spices, non veg stuffs till possible.
- Definite diagnosis requires proctoscopy examination by consultant surgeon.
Would like to discuss further doubts regarding the issue.
Wish you fast recovery.
follow up .
Welcome for the follow up.
* Severe rectal spasms due give pain above pubic
bone via referred pain through nerve supply.
* Presently should focus on maintaining soft bowel
evacuations and watch for the progress of the