Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Noticed thick and dry vaginal discharge. What is the problem and the required treatment?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
i have a strange discharge i have never had before. Its extremely thick and almost dry. It doesnt come out of me i actually have to scoop it out and there is no smell or itch with it. When u look closely it almost looks like tiny spores all joined up and quite hard but rubbery. ive had it for 2 weeks now and i wont have sex with my bf because of it. The colour is yellow sometimes with XXXXXXX and sometimes its white. accosionally its had small pink dots in it and today i noticed one side of cervix is tender and thats where the pink blood is coming from! My doctor gave me zidoval which i have finished and has not helped at all!!
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later
Thanks for the query.

The possibilities are:
Vaginal yeast infection: candida albicans is the common fungus causing vaginal infection.
It usually presents with vaginal discharge which can be white thick chunky discharge, redness and swelling of local organs.
The pink spots you had could be due to spotting from the infected areas.

Trichomonial infection: it presents with yellowish XXXXXXX frothy vaginal discharge, itching, foul smell etc.

So you better once undergo physical examination, investigations like wet mount, KOH test, swab for culture and sensitivity.
By this the actual causative organism can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor