Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Noticed slow urination and enlarged prostrate. How can I lower psa number?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
how can i lower my psa number,mine is 3.4,im 52 work out tree times a week,eat healthy,ive had a byopsy no cancer,ive always urinated slowly,enlarged prostate, by theres never any waking up at nite to go,my doctor says its oklife extension mag says anything over a 2 is serious.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, is a protein produced by cells of the prostate gland. The PSA test measures the level of PSA in a man’s blood.

The normal range in general is considered as below 4.

Common reasons for elevated PSA are,

>Prostate Cancer
>Infection in prostate
>Enlarged prostate due to any reason including age

Only elevated PSA does not carry much significance as far as diagnosis of prostate cancer is concerned.

Elevated PSA when found, your doctor will advise some tests like, ultrasound for prostate, biopsy along with rectal examination. Putting all this things together will provide clue to the problem.

I do not find any reason for worry in your case. Your doctor is right.

Just keep regular follow up as advised.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor