Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed skin toned bump on the foreskin. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6941 Questions
Hello, doctor. I've had a very small flesh-tone bump on the left side of my foreskin for about a month. I can only feel it when the skin is pulled back, when I'm taking a shower for instance. I can move it under the skin, so it isn't anchored. I'm sexually active, but with only my fiancee. I was wondering if this is something to worry about. It has not grown at all in size since I noticed it. I have a bit of an anxiety issue, and I'm trying not to freak myself out.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic

Is the skin toned bump on the foreskin associated with some kind of uretheral discharge, burning urination, pain lower abdomen or swelling anywhere near the genetalia?
If any of these features are present, an infection either of the urinary tract or genital tract may be present.
A urine examination- routine and microscopy should be done.

In case there is no evidence of infection, an excision (surgical removal) of the bump can be done. You will have to consult a surgeon for this procedure.
A subsequent histopathological examination (microscopic examination) can be done to know the type of lesion.

In case you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor