Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Noticed fade bruise on back also have black mole. What could this be? Any thoughts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1982
Answered : 698 Questions
Morning, I have noticed now that my son has a fade bruise XXXXXXX on his back and has been there a few month now and unsure as to what it is, he also has a very black mole which he is off to see a skin doctor for this today should I also ask them to look at this XXXXXXX which looks like a faded pinkish bruise? (could this be a birth mark)What could this be?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 1 hour later

Thank you for the question. I need to know his age and if possible, you may upload a picture of the XXXXXXX in question. If not possible, is it on the lower back in the midline over the spine or on one side? It is a good idea to show the dermatologist, and I am sure he will notice it anyway, but since you asked, here are the possibilities:

- In Asian and Blacks, there is an entity called Mongolian spots which is very common. It can occur in Caucasians as well, but in fewer children. This is a type of birth XXXXXXX that looks purplish black, has indistinct margins, and is harmless; it may take years to fade off.

-Another possibility is that this is a different kind of birth XXXXXXX These include dark (or light) skin moles. Most are present from birth, and stay the same throughout life, but seem to be enlarging as the child grows. Again, most are harmless.

-The third possibility is that this is a real bruise because of injury. I cannot expand much on this as I don't have the exact details and the pictures of your child's marks. However, bruises undergo colour changes from red to purple to XXXXXXX to yellow before they fade off.
Hope this meets with the answer you are looking for. Kindly revert to me with information I have requested, and also her pictures so that we can discuss this problem further.

With best wishes,

Dr. Taher
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor