Noticed bruised lumps on inner elbow. Feeling weakness and pain in arm. Why swelling hasn't gone down?
Thanks for posting your query.
The bruising of the elbow without any history of an injury is likely to be due to inflammation of the tendons around the area.
Most commonly it is caused by a tennis elbow or cubital tunnel syndrome.
You can help the improvement by-
1. Give adequate rest to the arm.
2. Apply cold therapy.
3. Get some anti-inflammatory medication prescribed from your orthopedician.
4. Immobilize the arm for a short period.
5. Soft tissue therapy can be used to break down adhesions that may be restricting the nerve.
6. Neural stretching exercises are helpful under the care of a physiotherapist.
Surgery might be needed in severe cases with persistent symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Thanks for writing again.
It seems that your ulnar nerve is also involved. You can consult your family physician for anti inflammatory medicines and muscle relaxants. You need to give rest to your arm and use a crepe bandage around the area.
In case the swelling and pain persists, then consulting an orthopedician will be helpful for a better assessment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in arm shoots down to elbow
- Pain in left arm inner elbow
- Pain in neck down arm to elbow
- Bruised arm from elbow
- Treatment for unexplained bruises on arms and lumps in elbow
- Throbbing arm pain inner elbow lump
- Unexplained bruising on inner elbow area of arm
- Fell on elbow pain swelling bruise
- Elbow pain radiating up and down arm no swelling
- Bruise from elbow to arm occasional pain taking aspirin suggestions