What causes pain and stiffness in the right elbow?

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 23 Oct 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: painful and stiffness on right elbow. have used heating pad on elbow, but continued pain. thinks he slept on it wrong the night before..

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be tennis elbow or elbow joint arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.

In my opinion pain and stiffness in the right elbow could be due to a condition like tennis elbow or joint arthritis.

I suggest you start pain killers, muscle relaxants and continue heating pads. It might take a few days for the pain to go away. If it does not then X ray of the elbow may be required.

Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj