Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bleeding from testicles or scrotum. No pain only redness. Applied candid lotion. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 323 Questions
I had this bleeding from my testicles or scrotum in the night that continued for fifteen minutes. Eventually I could sto it by applying some pressure to the area with a cloth. There was no pain or discernible cuts. Only redness on the testicles. I woke from my sleep due to the bleeding. I had applied candid lotion in my groin areas due to minor itching the previous night.

The bleeding dripped down to my legs.

The incident occurred four days back and since then there has been no problem.

I believe, I had encountered the same problem when I had marked blood stain on my cloth six years ago.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 47 minutes later

Bleeding from scrotum and testis area can only occur from the skin as there is no other passage for the blood to come out.

Possibilities are that the skin is damaged either because of infection ( Fungal or bacterial) or you have injured the area by excessive itching and scratching of that area.

To diagnose the problem you have to examine that area and see from where the blood is coming and how is the skin in that area.

If any skin lesions are there you have to XXXXXXX a skin specialist and in case there is any local area of ulcer or enlargement of one of the testis you have to XXXXXXX uro-surgeon.

As you have described it appears a benign thing and should not recur.

best wishes,
if any other questions please ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed bleeding from testicles or scrotum. No pain only redness. Applied candid lotion. Suggest? 5 hours later
There aren't any skin lesions in the area.

And there is no localised ulcer visible to eye. But my right testicle is slightly larger than the left one – a condition in existence since my early days. There is more flesh in the upper portion of the right testicle and there hasn’t been any pain or anything like that.

Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 38 minutes later
I think you should XXXXXXX a uro surgeon for local examination of the testis . If skin is fine there is no reason for bleed. So dont worry. Next time also when you have bleed examine the skin that time.

Bye for now

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor