Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Not able to sleep at night, getting irritated by small sound. Any advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I am unable to sleep at nights, i am irritating by small sound also, daily could not sleep till 2 - 3'o clock in the morning, could you please help to rectify this.
I am india now. could you please advise any sleeping pills
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 minutes later

I understand your concern and worry.
Insomnia (lack of sleep) has many reasons.
There are some general ways to have a better sleep.
1.     Adequate exercise (easier said than done) - to walk at least 20 min daily in the mornings.
2.     Early dinner( at least 3 hours before going to bed)
3.     Short walk just before bed time( preferably in open space to get fresh air)
4.     Avoid tea/ Coffee after 6 pm.
5.     Empty the bladder just before going to bed.     

You are quite young and i think these general methods are enough. Managing this problem with medicines is only a temporary solution. Once u stop this medicine, the problem will become worse.
Also, u may become drug dependant for sleep. So pls don’t opt for any sleeping pills right now.
If ur mind is disturbed due to some reason, pls consult a psychiatrist who can guide you.
He will assess you and give presctiption if required, as these medicines require prescription.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back to me for any concern and queries. I am ready to answer. Get well soon.
With best wishes and regards,
DR G Srinivasan.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Not able to sleep at night, getting irritated by small sound. Any advice? 27 hours later
I tried these methods also, i started drinking milk while going to bed.
Please tell me some medicine that i can follow for some time..... please help me
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later

thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear about you.
As i already wrote, kindly consult a nearby doctor to get a prescription.
Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor