Need information on laser eye surgery

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: i need to inquire about laser eye surgery. is there any contact centre number available for details..?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
For lasik laser,to get rid of glasses,you have to be 22 years or more of age,having a stabilised power for last 2 years,with a reasonable corneal thickness ,to be measured by lasik surgeon.Total power less than 8 is welcome.
Any further query in this regard,please do get back to me.
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 47 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX
I would be grateful if you can advise me on this imp matter.
My dad has been detected with cataract which is at initial stage. its in the right eye & will start developing in left eye in future.
His doctor advised him for lazer surgery which will cost appx 30K each eye. his right eye will be operated 1st.
he has suggested to use this lens - Acrysoft acrylic lens which is a US company & protects against UV rays.
Your advise will immensely help.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 17 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
i am sorry,this is not the laser i interpreted
This is a proper approach for your father s surgeryStrictly speaking this is not laser surgery but ultrasonic waves are used.
Cost of surgery varies from place to place and acrysof is a good lens.That means you are in good hands and go ahead with surgery.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.