question-icon

My hair has dramatically quit growing. It s not falling

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2019
Question: My hair has dramatically quit growing. It's not falling out, it's just not growing. I used to get my hair cut every 3 weeks now I can go 3 months. Also, I've nearly completely stopped sweating even while working out.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Regarding hair and skin

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Decreased sweating and hair growth rate could be related e.g in hypothyroidism therefore I suggest you to take a blood test for thyroid. Apart from that androgenetic alopecia in males is a very common cause for reduction in hair growth rate and density.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist