question-icon

My friend has these splinter like eruptions in scalp ,

Posted on Fri, 29 Mar 2019
Question: My friend has these splinter like eruptions in scalp, chest, trunk,eyelids, arms, anus. It starts with 1cm. hard, Ropey feel under the skin. Very itchy at this point. After a few days, this opens and a splinter like object starts to push out of skin. Very painful for her at this point. They drain serous fluid. Dermatologist states they are nerve fibers?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Recurrent folliculitis, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and it could be recurrent folliculitis but I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist