Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Lump in frontal bone of head, feel lightheaded and tired. Noticed difference in speech.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
I have a small lump on the frontal bone area, of my head. I constantly feel light headed, and tired. And have been noticing a difference in my speech.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 45 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you feel pain on touching it?
2.) Do you get fever?
3.) Did you sustain any head injury?
4.) Since how long do you have it?
5.) Have you Lost weight?
6.) Do you have similar swellings anywhere else on your Body?

Your History suggests it to be Lipoma, a fatty lump, but you haven't given a detailed History and I have not examined it. Hence there are various other causes for this lump apart from Lipoma like,

1.) Neurofibroma.
2.) Sebaceous Cyst.
3.) Concussion, if you have sustained a Injury.

Hence, get yourself examined by a Surgeon and a Neurologist as you need a total evaluation to rule out other possible diagnoses and come to a final diagnosis,

You will be asked for a,

1.) A tissue sample removal (biopsy) for lab examination
2.) MRI or a CT scan of head.

once done, you will be treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor