Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Looking information for OPG radiograph and orthodontic treatment

User rating for this question
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 176 Questions

I am staying in Bangalore. I need to know where can i go for treatment for OPG radiograph and please advice orthodontist, Let me know the treatment plan.

Also do a favor the cost of the treatment should be reasonable, Because this will not cover under my TTK Health card
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 25 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

You can get OPG done at any diagnostic center in Bangalore. Usually for orthodontic treatment you will also need another xray ie: Lateral ceph. along with OPG.

The cost of orthodontic treatment, depends on the material used and the clinic you visit. Metal braces are cheaper than the ceramic ones. The treatment goes on for 18-20 months, as the teeth move slowly.

You can check our list of orthodontists at the XXXXXXX portal.

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Looking information for OPG radiograph and orthodontic treatment 23 minutes later
Dear Madam,

Actually there is no gap in between the teeth - No need of metal braces. My problem is the Gum which exactly below the teeth ( Molar teeth ) there is a small hole. But the teeth is fine and strong. Food which i ate is getting struck in that causing problem. I am using Colgate sensitive paste and rinse with Listerine mouth wash.
My problem : Formation of XXXXXXX pockets between teeth and gums - I think it is Gingivitis
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 3 hours later

Orthodontics mean treatment with braces, as mentioned in your earlier question.
XXXXXXX pockets and food lodgement require a periodontist, as you are suffering from a gum problem ie: periodontitis. If the pocket is related to your wisdom tooth ie: the last molar, then the treatment may be extraction. If its any other tooth then you need to get gum treatment done, either surgical(flap surgery) or non surgical. The treatment plan can only be decided after a thorough clinical examination by your dentist.

Colgate sensitive does not help in gum issues, but rinsing with mouthwash may reduce the problem as it will remove the food stuck in pockets.
I would strongly suggest that you visit a periodontist for the same.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Looking information for OPG radiograph and orthodontic treatment 17 hours later
Dear Madam,

Please suggest me which tooth paste i have to use.
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 10 minutes later

Any good toothpaste, such as colgate total will be useful. Hope your problem is resolved soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor