Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Jerk in lower back, noise in leg while applying weight.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10371 Questions
I have got a jerk in my lower back while wearing the pant, weight came on one leg and it gave a slight noise and there is terrible pain in my lower back
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 55 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The jerk you had in your back is most likely to be due to a muscle sprain or spasm. If there is no swelling in the back or change in the skin color, then a hematoma formation or a bony injury is not likely.
To find out the extent of magnetic resonance imaging scan (MRI scan) of the lumbosacral spine is the best investigation.
I would suggest that you be started on a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen. However, this is a prescription drug and you would need to see your general physician for this. Till then, you can take tablet disprin 1 tablet twice a day with meals. Also, you should avoid bending forwards and lifting any weights.
If the symptoms are not relieved, then oral muscle relaxants like chlorzoxazone are needed which can be prescribed by your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor