I've pretty itchy, sort of skin colored/red bumps in the

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Mar 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I've pretty itchy, sort of skin colored/red bumps in the arm pits, arms, thighs, groin, upper back and some parts of stomach as well. They are very itchy until I apply any lotion, after which itchiness reduces. I've showed it to 2 doctor and they have said that it's due to very dry skin and gave me anti-histamine. There are a lot of bumps on my body but I'm scared that it might be something else serious.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need details about your symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.

I need to ask you few questions:
What is the duration of the itching?
Does anyone in the family or friends having history of itching?
Is itching more during the day or night?
Do you have any other ailments or taking any medicines?

Kindly revert with the answers so that I am better able to help.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 9 hours later
1. I've noticed that its very itchy right after hot shower, workout or right after I get back home from work. It's not mad itchy, I"m fine 75% of the time but once I start itching, I don't want to stop.
2. I don't have any other ailments
3. My father had psoriases and eczema, but nothing else from any other family side.
4. It's not painful and it isn't more or less itchy during the day or night. It's more predominant in groin, lower abdomen, armpits and lower bit lower arms, upper back and lower back as well as some in chest area.

It's a bit scaly looking but it doesn't have any spots in the middle or anything. I did my research from the internet and doesn't look as scary as herpes or scabies but do you recommend me getting blood test?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be eczematous rash, topical steroid, antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
According to your complaints it seems to be eczematous rash.
I would recommend you to get your serum IgE levels, complete blood count, liver and kidney function tests and fasting blood sugar levels.
Meanwhile apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D