I've had puffiness inside my backside along with what I
Increasing dietaryfiber intake is most important
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone very carefully through your query. Piles or hemorrhoids is a disease most often associated with constipation. To control piles you need to get rid of constipation. Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. Green leafy vegetables and other sources of dietary fibers contribute roughage which for the bulk of stool. Unless fiber intake is adequate, the gastrointestinal movement will be hampered and piles will result.
In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Avoid red meat.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Take Sitz bath. In a big tumbler take water as hot as your skin can take. Sit on it with your anal opening dipped.
* Taking Daflon tablet 500mg every 4 hours for 3 days followed by once every 8 hours for next 4 days should help in resolution of the problem.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I could help further.