Is traveling by air considered safe during the second trimester of pregnancy?
Travel duration - 1hrs 15 min
Pregnancy week - 20th and 23rd (to and fro flights)
Safe to travel.
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
It shows safe to travel by air in the second trimester of pregnancy, provided that there are no medical complications like cardiac disorder and no obstetrical conditions like placenta previa or short cervix.
In a normal pregnancy, the safe time to travel by air is between 12-32 weeks, there can be slight variations in different flight rules.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr. Deepti Verma, OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Labyrinthitis in second trimester pregnancy
- Train travel during pregnancy third trimester
- Leaking during pregnancy second trimester
- Research on xanax during second trimester pregnancy
- Advisable to travel during 1st trimester of pregnancy
- Decreased appetite during pregnancy second trimester
- Duphaston when travelling during first trimester pregnancy
- Loose motion during second trimester pregnancy
- Clarithromycin in second trimester pregnancy
- Travel during pregnancy first trimester