Is There Any Risk Of Contracting Rabies Despite Getting The Vaccination Shots Post A Small Scratch?
Is there any scope for rabbies ?
I’m scared plz help
Detailed information below.
* Though a dog bite over jeans, causing just two marks of teeth on skin and no bleeding at all. It does not need vaccination, only thorough cleaning of skin, dressing as per need or tr. iodine seal / tetanus vaccination and antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs as per need are to be taken.
* But if there is slightest of blood at the site of dog bite you need vaccination if:
- The dog is a known Rabies infected dog... with history of biting many victims over last few days.
- The bite was non defensive.
- The dog was not vaccinated for Rabies / had no booster rabies vaccines in current year (in case of pet dogs)
- The dog was stray dog & can not be observed
* * In case of unknown, nonvaccinated dog, it is advisable to have tetanus vaccination &local dog bite care (as described earlier) and take full course of anti-rabies vaccine and serum.
** In case of nonvaccinated dog bite where dog can be observed, one should start the vaccination on 0-3-7-14th day &observe the dog for Rabies symptoms
- Stop vaccination after 2 weeks, if the dog is healthy after 2 weeks OR complete the course in case dog shows the symptoms of rabies.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.