Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicine to increasing height effectively and which has no side effects?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
Doctor, I am 23 years old male from India of height 5ft, which is very much below the average height. Whereas, my father is 5 inches taller than me. I tried all exercise but none produced any satisfactory results. Is there any medicine for increasing height effectively and which has no side effects? Please reply as soon as possible.
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your question with diligence.
If your parents have kept records of your height at various ages that would show that your height had always been on the lower side(it is referred as below 3rd centiles). Possibly (it can at the best a conjecture now) you had relative deficiency of Growth Hormone.then Perhaps in those times growth hormone as prepared by recombinant DNA technology was not available in India. You missed normal growth spurts of childhood. As result of which you have remained Idiopathic Short Stature individual. now you have adult bone structure and it is not possible to recommend any Growth Hormone therapy in you for neither would it achieve the desired result nor it will be without harm to your metabolism. Well, definitely 5 feet is far less height than one aspires for. Important thing you should not any other residual effects which can cause problems later in life. Even if the height can not be increased now but any potential for problem later can be found out and those problems averted. I would urge you to see a endocrinologist in St John's or Government medical college for discussion. You are intelligent short statured person not mentally retarded dwarf. This fact you have to prove to your family and society and that means hard intellectual work to beat your physical limitation. You have to have a dream of intellectual achievement and work hard on thatl Good Luck. If you have any question please ask, I will answer at the earliest. Regards.
With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor