• question-icon

Is there any danger associated with frontal headache and right temporal headache for more than one week?

Posted on Wed, 4 Dec 2019 in General Health
Question: I had a frontal headache and right temporal headache for more than 1 week. During my visit with GP, he recommended doing the ct scan. the findings of it are:
PARANASAL SINUS RADIOGRAPH
Findings: There is a well-defined lobulated hyperdensity in the right maxillary sinus, measuring up to 2.4 cm likely a polyp or mucous retention cyst. There is opacification of the lateral aspect of the right frontal sinus, possibly a further polyp or mucous retention cyst. The remainder of the paranasal sinuses is clear. There is no destructive osseous lesion or fracture of the facial bones. The mastoid air cells are normally aerated. Cervical spine alignment is unremarkable.
a.) Can I get simplified explanation of this?
b) Is there is any danger associated with my case?
c) Do I have to go through surgery? Is there any home treatment of it?
d) If I have to go through surgery, approximately how much I have to spend in Australian dollar?
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be sinusitis due to polyp. See detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern. As per your history and CT scan report, I think it may be severe sinusitis caused due to polyp or cyst which is the main cause for frontal headache. This occurs because of repeated cold, infection, deviated nasal septum, allergy or may be asthma. Kindly follow up with detailed history.

If symptoms like headache, nose block, difficulty in breathing are severe then better to do surgery after consultation with ENT surgeon. Treatment mainly depends upon the underlying condition. Use nasoclear Nasal drops, take steam inhalation 3 to 4 times a day. Avoid allergens, keep your self warm, avoid infection exposure, keep your self hydrated. Surgery cost mainly depends upon and varies as per hospital and facilities provided by the them. I think this will clarify your concern.

Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Shyam B. Kale