Is the presence of pus cells and RBCs in semen worrisome?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 7 Dec 2018 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi doc, y'day i had done my semen analysis. report i am attaching for your reference. kidnly confirm how it is in terms of fertility and one thing i like to ask that there are puss and rbc cells in that is it serious???
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

It is normal.

Detailed Answer:

Your semen analysis report is absolutely normal. Motility, morphology and total count is very much within normal limits.

The pus cells shown are insignificant. Do you have any infection in testis or urinary tract associated with pain? If so consult a urologist.

Hope my answer helps you. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair,
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 41 minutes later
i don't have any pain or infection.one more thing doc that rbc count is also shown in report, and we are planning for a baby. so these puss. cells and rbc present in semen can cause any issues?? and as i mentioned that i don't have any pain so what you suggest should i consult urologist or sexologist for puss cell treatment.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Hi.

Detailed Answer:

Hi!

You can repeat the semen analysis after one month from a different good lab. If still the pus cells are high you can consult urologist.Or else ignore.

Hope my answer helps you.

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair,
OBGYN

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad