Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Is surgery the solution for inability to pull the skin of penis back fully?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1525 Questions
Hello Doctor, I'm XXXX& 27 years old, recently my mom told me that when i was 9 years our family doctor suggested to do a operation in my penis (separation/removal of skin which slightly stuck near the tip of my penis). Need your advice to go for the operation or forget it. Will there be a problem during penetration after marriage. Please advice. Thanks in advance XXXX
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Sexual Health
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please go for surgery Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing www Inability to pull the skin back fully is called phimosis. It can cause problem in penetration. I would suggest that you better consult a surgeon for its removal, called circumcision. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is surgery the solution for inability to pull the skin of penis back fully? 48 minutes later
Thanks for the reply I have couple of questions, 1.How many days i have to stay in hospital in that case. 2.Can i do it one month before marriage. 3.Or during first penetration won't that skin peal off. 4.What will happen in future if i don't do this surgery I'm asking all this because i feel really shy to go to hospital for this kind of issue. Kindly advice a best option to go with. Thanks in advance Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It is a short procedure ,better get it Detailed Answer: Hello This is OPD procedure, requires a couple of hours of hospital stay, needs 6-8 days for healing. Get it done any time but if not done, may cause difficulty in penetration Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor