Is surgery required for treating cervical spine stenosis and myelomalacia?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 13 Mar 2019 in General Health
Question: Hello Dr. Erion Spaho,
This a an 11th hour call for your review and answer. if possible within the next 48 hours (or so)
..
I am asking for your PROFESSION opinion regarding my unfortunate situation that has culminated in initiating a medical malpractice lawsuit for NEGLIGENCE - NO SURGERY WAS INVOLVED
.
I have uploaded 3 files, (1) MRI Report, 2 Pgs, (2)SUMMARY-2 1/2 Pgs, (3) COMMUNICATION , 2 Pgs Quick, Interesting, Telling)
.
The MRI file has a lock on it which i will resolved on Monday, New York Time

It seems there is an MRI already here, so let me known if you have any problem opening the MRI file

AS ALWAYS THANKS
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Sooner is better for the surgery in cases like yours.

Detailed Answer:

I have read the MRI report and the communications that you uploaded.

I still share the same opinion about surgery in cases of cervical spine stenosis and myelomalacia, sooner is better in order to get the most from the surgery.

However, this is my opinion, the timing of the surgery in cases like yours is decided after careful neurological examination, imaging studies results and lab tests, and possible risks that may be associated with the surgery.

In some cases, surgery fails to improve the symptoms, this should have been explained to you preoperatively.

I cannot help you with the matter of delaying surgery, you should discuss this issue with the regarding Doctor.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T