Is some amount of foreskin left after circumcision a concern?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: dr Sheeba yes i am circumcised but i have aloy of foreskin left, it does not hurt when i peel back nor do i have any whitish stuff around the head of.my penis. my dad showed me how to well clean my penis so as not to have any smell. i sent a picture of my penis as you can tell i ha e foreskin left but is my frenulem still intact
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be concerned about.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

It seems that Dr. Sheeba is not available to answer your question and hence I have taken it up. I believe that I would be able to resolve your queries to your satisfaction. I have gone through the attached image and also the previous queries. The amount of foreskin that is present after circumcision, is normal and nothing to be concerned about. When the size of the penis increases on erection, the residual skin is automatically supposed to be left behind as the inside portion slides out. It is absolutely normal.

It is possible that the frenulum had been released from the underlying adhesions but not 'severed'. That is the reason your frenulum is intact which your father had 'cut loose'.

Feel free to write back in case of further queries and definitely I would guide you further.