Is smoking weed effective at treating shoulder pain?
Physical therapy can help.
Smoking weed will decrease the efficacy of pain pills. Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination and a few tests, your history is suggestive of Adhesive capsulitis(Frozen shoulder) or Calcific Tendonitis.
These conditions are easily managed by regular physiotherapy (Range of motion exercises, stretching and strengthening exercises).
Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with this condition.
If these pain relievers do not work then you can take Voltaren after getting it prescribed from your doctor.
I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician nearby for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer to you a physical therapist. A physical therapist can teach you stretching exercises to help maintain as much mobility in your shoulder as possible.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Smoking related to shoulder pain
- Smoking back shoulder pain
- Shoulder pain after weed
- Chest pain and shoulder pain
- Severe shoulder pain after smoking cessation
- How to treat constant shoulder pain
- Pregnant smoking weed shoulder pain
- How is shoulder pain and shortness of breath treated
- Neck pain and shoulder pain
- Shoulder pain after smoking cigarette
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?