Is sinus rhythm with short PR interval in an ECG report a cause for concern in a 17-year-old?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 13 Aug 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My daughter 17 years old, Height 148 cm, weight 61.5 kg. She is having breath problem after play in humidity area, feeling as weakness and some worry happened time. Now, we found the ECG-SINUS RHYTM WITH SHORT PR. Please help to get further treatment. Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will need further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Short PR on ECG could be related to a variety of cardiac conduction abnormality and it is very difficult to say a diagnosis and treatment without examining her.
As she is having breathlessness and fatigue after exertion, she will need a 2D echo to confirm the diagnosis.
It could be just anemia or some cardiac anomaly will be confirmed only after physical evaluation and 2D Echo.
So in the meanwhile if you could get a CBC(Complete blood Count) and a 2D Echo done, kindly get it done so that a proper diagnosis and henceforth treatment could be initiated.
Thanks and take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj