Is recovery time long after a cervical cerclage procedure during pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello doctor , I m 20 weeks pregnant and in 17 th week I underwent stitches in uterus as I m having twin pregnancy. I m advised bed rest . Now is this totally safer way for rest of the time or still is there any risk? Sometimes I m having lil white discharge also
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can move around in the house.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The stitches in the uterus is to prevent a preterm labor. It is best to take as much rest as you can. You can move around in the house and then lie down in case you feel any pain. It has already been 3 weeks since the stitches were put. Any heavy work or intercourse needs to be avoided. Mild amount of white discharge is normal.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal