Is rabies vaccination required after being scratched by a dog?
Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
You need to vaccinate your pet dog and cat against rabies as per schedule advised by vet doctor.
You have already taken full course of rabies vaccine 2 years back.
You have re-exposure by un-vaccinated pets. Pet dog and particularly cat may come in contact (saliva by way of licking each other ) with other animals,not necessarily bitten by them.
Hence you need to undergo serum neutralizing antibody titre against rabies virus. If the antibody level is below 0.5 IU/ml ,you need to take two booster doses of Rabies Vaccine on days 0 and 3.
Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Alcohol after rabies vaccine
- Rabies vaccine for dogs and lactation
- After effects of rabies vaccine
- Should i take rabies vaccination for the scratching by dog
- Smoke after rabie vaccine
- After taking rabies vaccine a dog bites again
- Numbness after rabies vaccine
- Does a dog scratch require anti rabies vaccination
- Is repeat of anti rabies vaccination required for cat scratch
- Diet after rabies vaccination