Is pyeloplasty surgery safe and feasible for the elderly?
Are you talking about Pyeloplasty, a procedure to reconstruct the ureteropelvic junction to restore the flow of urine?
I see that there was stenting done there.
Yes, you can get the procedure done if there is a functioning kidney there.
Surgery may not be recommended.
It does not make sense and efforts to do it in an 82 yr old.
Your doctor was right in rejecting the surgery.
It becomes a necessary procedure for you if your other kidney is working well.
So you do not have to pursue this further with any other doctor for opinions.
Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why no alcohol before pyeloplasty
- After effect of pyeloplasty
- Alcohol after pyeloplasty surgery
- 2 days old an needs pyeloplasty surgery in newborn
- What are the side effects of pyeloplasty surgery
- Drinking alcohol after pyeloplasty
- Drinking alcohol after laparoscopic pyeloplasty surgery
- Post pyeloplasty surgery skin itching
- Side effects of pyeloplasty
- What are the sports not to be done after pyeloplasty surgery