Is pregnancy possible while on birth control pills?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
I have been on lo estrin fe for almost two years now. Last month I skipped one pill and took one late so I had spotting. And then at the end of the month i had my period again when I got to the sugar pills. I am on day 6 of my next months packet now and me and my boyfriend had sex. The condom broke. Fortunately we noticed right away and pulled out. But some ejactulation got inside me. Could I be pregnant? Should I buy plan b?
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You dont need for plan B

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear!

If you have continued to receive the next pack of loestrin after you menstruate ,you are protected .
Hence you have not chance to be pregnant,dont need for plan B .

Skipped one pill for the last month means that you where unprotected for the next 7 days ,not for this new period.

Take care and all the best

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible while on birth control pills? 5 hours later
Okay thank you, also i take the pills on different times each night. I take it right before bed. However, sometimes that will be at 11,12, or 1 o'clock at night. Does that lower the chance of my plls working? Do i still need to be worried? i

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!
If you have took pills each night but with difference in time with 1 hour ,isnt problem .
There is no evidence that this difference in the time of receiving the drug to reduce their effect.
But be careful that another time to take them in the same hour because you may forget to take one of them.

Best regards