Is pregnancy possible while on Norethisterone?
delaying menses medically
Norethisterone is not a contraceptive pill, so you may get pregnant if barrier contraception has not been practiced. And if pregnant then you may not get a withdrawal bleed at all.
If you are not pregnant then after stopping the pill the bleeding should start in next 5-7 days.
If you suspect pregnancy then you may get a serum beta hcg test done to rule out the pregnancy and be sure.
I hope i have answered your query,
So if I have a normal period after coming off the tablets, I won't be pregnant? And usually my periods start in the third week of every month. Will they be the same after coming off the tablets?
If you get your menses after stopping the pills it would indirectly indicate that you are not pregnant.
Secondly as the menses would start within 7 days of stoppage of pills , hence the date of your menses would automatically change , not the same as before, and the fresh date of menses would be hence the day the withdrawal bleed starts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Norethisterone can abort pregnancy
- Norethisterone terminate early pregnancy
- Norethisterone at early pregnancy stages
- During pregnancy norethisterone dub 5
- Norethisterone pcos and pregnancy
- Norethisterone 5mg during pregnancy
- Norethisterone 5mg and pregnancy
- Chances of pregnancy while on norethisterone
- Norethisterone affect pregnancy test
- Norethisterone 5mg prevent pregnancy